Marias River Livestock Association serves Glacier, Liberty, Pondera and Toole Counties in northern Montana
MRLA is your voice for local agriculture.
Marias River Livestock Association’s goal is to support the livestock industry and survival of its environment and lifestyle through:
- Giving the livestock producers in our area a stronger and educated voice in order to influence legislation and governmental agencies policies.
- Education of the public of the benefits of agricultural production and the problems facing livestock producers and those operating businesses linked with livestock production.
- Promoting legislation that is favorable to persons engaged in agriculture.
- Informing members of Marias River Livestock Association of local, State and Federal issues that may affect their livestock operations in a timely manner.
- Promoting interest in livestock production and agricultural business to the youth of our communities.
- Promoting the values of individual liberty, limited government, and fiscal responsibility in local, state and national governmentThe Membership of Marias River Livestock Association is comprised of people living in Glacier, Liberty, Pondera and Toole County, Montana who are active in the livestock industry.
- The Membership of Marias River Livestock Association is comprised of people living in Glacier, Liberty, Pondera and Toole County, Montana who are active in the livestock industry.
- Membership Benefits
- We strive to give livestock producers in our area a stronger and educated voice in order to influence legislation and governmental agencies policies.
- We encourage every Member and livestock producer to write letters and attend public meeting in order to educate their self and give comment, but we are also committed to writing letters and giving public comment to represent the Membership of Marias River Livestock Association as a group.
- Our goal is to help keep livestock producers informed of issues that will affect their property and business through websites, social media such as facebook, newsletters and e-mails. We hope to be able to provide as quick as possible the comment periods and places you can comment whether to the Federal, State or Local Government or to Government Agencies about issues effecting Agriculture business and lifestyle.
- Marias River Livestock Association will network with other associations to gather information from them and disperse that information to the Membership.
- Marias River Livestock Association will have two (2) meetings of the General Membership each year and monthly Board Meetings. If there is interest and opportunity we hope to also provide additional informational meetings that will help to educate the General Membership about issues and what actions they can take.
- We will seek ways to promote an interest in livestock production to the youth of our community and to educate them in the value of their involvement in policy making and legislation.
- Members will be able to contact any Board Member to offer advice or get advice on issues coming up.
- We will strive to educate the non-agricultural community on the benefits of agriculture and the issues facing livestock producers today.